Download PDF Download PDF Print this Page Print this Page Email this Page Email this Page Save to Favorites Save to Favorites

Inch Series TAPTITE II® Screws and Bolts

14 Items Available

View Items Request Information

TAPTITE II® Thread Rolling Screws

TAPTITE II® thread rolling screws have the TRILOBULAR™ shape which reduces friction during thread forming, provides prevailing torque which exceeds the level of locking screws, and most importantly, inherently provides resistance to vibrational loosening.

To utilize the in-place cost savings and performance benefits of TAPTITE II® screws in large sizes in structural applications, the combination of CORFLEX®-I selective hardening is highly beneficial. CORFLEX®- I TAPTITE II® bolts can be used where high-strength grade-strength level bolts are required.

Reduced In-Place Cost!!

TAPTITE II® thread rolling screws reduce in-place fastener costs and provide vibration resistant assemblies. TAPTITE II® thread rolling screws are used to create strong, uniform load carrying internal threads into untapped nut members upon installation. When REMINC developed the original TAPTITE® TRILOBULAR™ shape thread rolling screw, it revolutionized the use of threaded fasteners in high production assembly. Assembly efficiency and joint performance, along with lower in-place fastening cost, have been the benefits of using TAPTITE® screws. TAPTITE II® screws and bolts continue these benefits along with meeting the quality and performance needs of the future.

Lower In-Place Fastening Costs

Only 15% of the total in-place cost of a fastening is the cost of the screw or bolt. TAPTITE II® screws and bolts lower the cost of the remaining 85%. The following is a list of some of the cost-savings advantages of using TAPTITE II® thread rolling screws.

  • Elimination of separate tapping operations and associated costs.
  • Built-in resistance to vibrational loosening eliminates the need for lock washers, adhesives, or plastic patches and plugs.
  • Generates stronger mating threads with uninterrupted grain flow due to work hardening of the nut for higher stripping resistance.
  • Accepts larger pilot hole variations than drilled and tapped holes.
  • Works in punched, drilled, cored and extruded holes in many different metals.
  • With use of CORFLEX® metallurgy, can be provided in grade strengths of high tensile bolts for use in structural applications in deep thread lengths of engagement.
  • No assembly line cross threading.
  • Prevailing torque often equals or exceeds locking screw standards.